CLICK HERE TO VIEW PHOTOS FROM THE 2013 SEASON!
Screaming Eagles Champs Again!
|The Eagle Harbor summer swim team won the First Coast Summer Swim League large team championships held at Cecil Field Aquatics Center for the fifth year in a row! Coaches Jordan Bright, Lindsay Kamm, Megan Hill and Connor Duhon led the team to another winning season against Pace Island, Selva Marina Country Club, Jacksonville Golf and Country Club and Oakleaf Plantation.
Individual champions were Krista Sitler girls (15-18) 100 yard Individual Medley, Dominic Miller boys (9 – 10) 50 yard butterfly, Luke Johnson boys (11 – 12) 50 yard backstroke, Jack Neeley boys (13- 14) 50 yard backstroke, Alyssa McFarland girls (15-18) 50 yard backstroke, Max Michaels boys (11-12) 50 yard breaststroke, Addy Larson girls (5-6) 25 yard free, Judd Barczak boys (11-12) 50 yard freestyle, Danielle Williams girls (15-18) 50 yard freestyle, and Sasha Khramov boys (15-18) 50 free style.
During the summer swim season the team swam meets against Eagle Landing, Jacksonville Golf and Country Club, Pace Island, Sawgrass Country Club, Marsh Landing Country Club, and Selva Marina Country Club.
A very big thank you to the coaches, staff, swimmers, parents, and volunteers that made the 2013 swim season a success.
Few sports offer more enjoyment and excitement
for young athletes than competitive swimming.
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of the Eagle Harbor Scream’n Eagles Summer Swim Team this year!
The Team competes in the First Coast Summer Swim League, a recreational league. Swimmers
will have the opportunity to swim in three or more swim meets and a championship meet.
For those 10 and under, a simple swim test is required prior to registration.
An Introduction to a Great Competitive Sport
Our goal is provide each swimmer with:
- Teach participants the 4 competitive strokes (backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, and freestyle)
- Swimming promotes fitness and teaches a child to strive for physical achievement
- Swimming is an exciting individual and team sport
- Swimming is a healthy “lifetime” activity
- Swimming is relatively injury free in comparison to other youth sports
- Swimming teaches the life lessons of sport and sportsmanship which include learning to deal with winning and losing, as well as working with officials, teammates and coaches
- Swimming motivates participants to strive for self improvement and teaches goal orientation
- Swimming cultivates a positive mental attitude and high self-esteem
- Swimming can prevent drowning
- Age 5 as of June 1, 2013
- 5 – 18 years of age are eligible
- Must participate in 3 swim meets or more
- Swim season begins the second week in May and ends the last week in July. Practice schedule is TBA.
- There will be 3 to 5 meets, most located at Eagle Harbor, with a final championship meet. (Number of swimmers is based on a first-come-first-serve age grouping.) The FCSL has not yet determined meet dates and times. This will be posted in April.
First Swimmer: $160
Second Swimmer: $140
Third Swimmer: $125
(Second and Third Swimmers must live in the same household as the first swimmer. Price includes coaching, Scream'n Eagles T-Shirt, Meet Ribbons, League Fees and End-Of-Summer banquet with trophy.
Swim famiily must purchase suits, caps, fins and goggles. More information will be available in April.
Swimming is a family sport and parent participation is a requirement. Please see the Family Assessment Agreement on page five of the Registration Form for details.
Swim Team Communication
- All communication will be via email. As a swim family, you will receive a welcome letter via email within 7 days of registration to initiate communication and double check all swimmer information.
- If you do not have email, communication is the obligation of the swim parent. All communication will also be posted at Swim Park.
- Any changes or cancellations of practice days or times will be posted on Big Tent.
- For additional information, contact Jan Bullock at 621-8362.