Swim Team Basics!
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of the Eagle Harbor Scream’n Eagles Summer Swim Team this year!
The Team competes in the First Coast Summer Swim League, a recreational league. Swimmers
will have the opportunity to swim in three or more swim meets and a championship meet.
For those 10 and under, a simple swim test is required prior to registration.
An Introduction to a Great Competitive Sport
Our goal is provide each swimmer with:
- Teach participants the four competitive strokes (backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, and freestyle)
- Swimming promotes fitness and teaches a child to strive for physical achievement
- Swimming is an exciting individual and team sport
- Swimming is a healthy “lifetime” activity
- Swimming is relatively injury free in comparison to other youth sports
- Swimming teaches the life lessons of sport and sportsmanship which include learning to deal with winning and losing, as well as working with officials, teammates and coaches
- Swimming motivates participants to strive for self improvement and teaches goal orientation
- Swimming cultivates a positive mental attitude and high self-esteem
- Swimming can prevent drowning
- Age 5 as of June 1, 2015
- 5 – 18 years of age are eligible
- Must participate in 3 swim meets or more
- Swim season begins the second week in May and ends the last week in July. Practice schedule is TBA.
- There will be three to five meets, most located at Eagle Harbor, with a final championship meet. (Number of swimmers is based on a first-come-first-serve age grouping.) The FCSL has not yet determined meet dates and times. This will be posted in April.
First Swimmer: $160
Second Swimmer: $140
Third Swimmer: $125
(Second and Third Swimmers must live in the same household as the first swimmer. Price includes coaching, Scream'n Eagles T-Shirt, Meet Ribbons, League Fees and End-Of-Summer banquet with trophy.
Swim famiily must purchase suits, caps, fins and goggles. More information will be available in April.
Swimming is a family sport and parent participation is a requirement. Please see the Family Assessment Agreement on page five of the Registration Form for details.
Swim Team Communication
All communication will be via email. As a swim family, you will receive a welcome letter via email within seven days of registration to initiate communication and double check all swimmer information.
- If you do not have email, communication is the obligation of the swim parent. All communication will also be posted at Swim Park.
- Any changes or cancellations of practice days or times will be posted on Big Tent.
- For additional information, contact Jan Bullock at 621-8362.
2015 Scream'n Eagles Swim Team Information
Coach Jordan Bright will be returning as Head Coach!
Returning for another swim season, Coach Jordan Bright brings with him 18 seasons of experience as a Head Coach in swimming. He is also the Varsity Swim Coach at Fleming Island High School. Coach Bright swam competitively through high school and believes in pushing his swimmers to be as competitive as possible while still making sure the overall environment is fun and challenging. He is a 17-year veteran of the Clay County School System and has been a head coach of over 30 different squads in swim, soccer and track. Married for 18 years, Coach Bright is also proud to have his two girls swim on the squad and is looking forward to another great season defending our conference championship.
2015 Scream'n Eagles Dates to Remember
Swim season begins the second week in May and ends the last week in July. Practice times are TBA.
- Tuesday, June 9 vs. Eagle Landing at Eagle Harbor (home meet)
- Saturday, June 13 vs. Jax Golf and Country Club at JAX ( away meet)
- Saturday, June 20 vs. Putnam County at Putnam (away meet)
- Saturday, June 27vs. Oakleaf at Oakleaf (away meet)
- Saturday, July 11 vs. Pace Island at Eagle Harbor (home meet)
- Championship Meet - Sunday, July 19 at Cecil Field
Swim Suit Fitting
- Saturday April 25 | 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Waterfront Park
- Thursday May 14 | 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Swim Park
May Practice Schedule
- Thursday, April 30 | 7 p.m. | Swim Park Annex
- Tuesday, May 19 | 7 p.m. | Swim Park Annex
Swim Team Family Outing
- Thursday, June 25 | Jacksonville Suns Game
- All first-time team members 10 and under will be required to attend one of the Swim Test Dates.
The swim test takes approximately 10 minutes per child and are held at the heated pool at Waterfront Park. Please RSVP for your desired Swim Test date by calling Waterfront Park at 621-8362.
- Age 5-6 swim test – child should complete 25 yards freestyle
- Age 7-8 swim test – child should complete 25 yards freestyle and demonstrate backstroke
- Age 9-10 swim test - child should complete 50 yards freestyle and 25 yards backstroke