Swim Team Basics!
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of the Eagle Harbor Scream’n Eagles Summer Swim Team this year!
The Team competes in the First Coast Summer Swim League, a recreational league. Swimmers
will have the opportunity to swim in three or more swim meets and a championship meet.
For those 10 and under, a simple swim test is required prior to registration.
An Introduction to a Great Competitive Sport
Our goal is provide each swimmer with:
- Teach participants the four competitive strokes (backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, and freestyle)
- Swimming promotes fitness and teaches a child to strive for physical achievement
- Swimming is an exciting individual and team sport
- Swimming is a healthy “lifetime” activity
- Swimming is relatively injury free in comparison to other youth sports
- Swimming teaches the life lessons of sport and sportsmanship which include learning to deal with winning and losing, as well as working with officials, teammates and coaches
- Swimming motivates participants to strive for self improvement and teaches goal orientation
- Swimming cultivates a positive mental attitude and high self-esteem
- Swimming can prevent drowning
- Age 5 as of June 1
- 5 – 18 years of age are eligible
- Must participate in 3 swim meets or more
- Swim season begins the second week in May and ends the last week in July. Practice schedule is TBA.
- 2016 Swim Meet Schedule
|Saturday, June 4
|Saturday, June 11
|Saturday, June 18
|Tuesday, June 21
||Oakleaf & Sawgrass
|Thursday, July 7
||Marsh Landing & Sawgrass
|Saturday, July 9
|Saturday, July 16
First Swimmer: $160
Second Swimmer: $140
Third Swimmer: $125
(Second and Third Swimmers must live in the same household as the first swimmer. Price includes coaching, Scream'n Eagles T-Shirt, Meet Ribbons, League Fees and End-Of-Summer banquet with trophy.
Swim famiily must purchase suits, caps, fins and goggles. More information will be available in April.
Swimming is a family sport and parent participation is a requirement. Please see the Family Assessment Agreement on page five of the Registration Form for details.
Swim Team Communication
All communication will be via email. As a swim family, you will receive a welcome letter via email within seven days of registration to initiate communication and double check all swimmer information.
- If you do not have email, communication is the obligation of the swim parent. All communication will also be posted at Swim Park.
- Any changes or cancellations of practice days or times will be posted on Big Tent.
- For additional information, contact Jan Bullock at 621-8362.
2016 Scream'n Eagles Swim Team Information
2016 Scream'n Eagles Dates to Remember
Swim season begins the second week in May and ends the last week in July.
Practice and meet times are TBA.
- All first-time team members 10 and under will be required to attend one of the Swim Test Dates.
The swim test takes approximately 10 minutes per child and are held at the heated pool at Waterfront Park. Please RSVP for your desired Swim Test date by calling Waterfront Park at 621-8362.
The basic swim test consists of:
- Age 5-6 swim test – have to complete 25 yards using the freestyle stroke without stopping
- Age 7-8 swim test - have to complete 25 yards freestyle and 25 yards backstroke
- Age 9-10 swim test - have to complete 50 yards freestyle and 25 yards backstroke
Swim Test Dates:
Saturday April 2, 1 to 3 p.m.
Saturday April 9, 1 to 3 p.m.
Saturday April 16, 1 to 3 p.m.
Saturday April 23, 1 to 3 p.m.
Saturday April 30, 1 to 3 p.m.